“All children make exceptional progress from their individual starting points”
‘Outstanding’ Ofsted report, May 2017
“Children are strongly self-aware and confident”
Ofsted report, May 2017
“The teachers are wonderful and caring”
Southdown Nursery is a special place in the heart of Steyning:
- Judged ‘Outstanding’ in all areas by Ofsted
- Large, secure outdoor environment, with sensory garden and vegetable patch, for discovery and play
- Forest School trained staff
- Friendly, happy, community nursery
- Free flow setting, with children moving between indoor and outdoor settings
- Experienced Early Years Professionals, including a qualified Early Years Teacher
- All staff are first-aid trained
- Adult-led, child-initiated play
24.03.21 Comic Relief
Thank you to all the children who wore red, baked cakes, ate cakes and danced at the Friday disco – you raised £28.50 🙂
04.03.21 World Book day.
Thank you all for a lovely day, we have dressed up and shared our favourite stories 🙂
02.11.20 Plans in place for the opening and running of nursery during this period
Covid incident management plan+
Due to staff shortage nursery is only open to key worker and vulnerable children until further notice.
In the event of nursery closure due to government restrictions enforcing schools and Early Years settings to close we will open for vulnerable children and children of key workers only (upon receipt of written evidence).
In the event of restricted opening due to government advice or staff shortage children will be allocated places using the following priority structure:-
1) Children who have been awarded inclusion support or 2yr funding by West Sussex and Children of key workers (upon receipt of written evidence).
2) School leavers born in the summer term – April 1st – August 31st.
3) School leavers born in the Spring term – January1st – March 31st.
4) School leavers born in the Autumn term – September 1st – December 31st.
5) Non school leaving 3yr olds awarded 15 hours of government funded places.
6) Children who have self funded places – sessions missed will be credited to the following terms invoice.
We wish you a very Happy Christmas
Christmas parties 2020
Wednesday the 9th and Friday 11th of December during normal morning session.
A snack will be provided for children but please packed lunches as normal 🙂 Please remember Friday the 11th is the last day of term.
I am getting ready to open the nursery for the Autumn Term on Monday the 7th of September (Thursday and Friday the 3rd and 4th are for new starters only) I will inform all parents by Tuesday the 2nd of September whether it will be Plan A with no restrictions or Plan B with bubbles in place. I very much look forward to seeing you all soon 🙂
Following government guidelines regarding unlocking I am gearing up to opening the week of June the 1st for school leavers and children of keyworkers only. I will be contact these families individually with their child’s allocated sessions taking in to consideration staff availability and ensuring the safety of all. The sessions will have the maximum of 12 children. Details to follow as things become clearer.
Public Health England Update 04.03.20
Letter to parents coronavirus 3.3.2020 (1)
Supper club Spring Term 2020
Christmas party and last day of term Friday 13th of December 9.30am – 12.15pm
Thank to everyone who came along to our nativities, the photographer Nicky Allen attended on Wednesday and here are a few of her images.
Primary school nativity for all school age children
Christmas Nativity 2019